International Conference on Frontiers in Yoga Research 5-8 January, 2018
Theme: Integrative Oncology - The Future of Cancer Care
Vishwaguruji was invited as a guest of honor and key-note speaker to this scientific yoga and health conference, together Ms. Claudia Matejovsky (Muktamani) from Vienna, Austria, managing director of the Ayurveda Academy of Yoga in Daily Life.
The 22nd INCOFYRA is making an effort to integrate the AYUSH System - Ayurveda, Naturopathy, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy - and modern Allopathic Medicine, by bringing prominent researchers and doctors from all these fields under one platform to evolve better cancer care.The conference has been organised by the Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (V-YASA) under Dr. HR Nagendraji, Chancellor of the S-VYASA University, in Prashanti Kutiram, the headquarters of Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana, outside the city of Bangalore (Bengaluru).
- To disseminate the research findings in the field of integrative medicine and give directions to future research.
- To translate the research findings of integrative medicine into clinical practice.
- To establish working groups comprising universities, health care providers, and policymakers in order to initiate collaborative research programs.
- To deliver cost-effective mass health care means in order to address common ailments at the primary health care level.
- To have discussions on reforms in policies related to integrated health care system.
- Yoga researchers and yoga therapists
- Practitioners of Indian medicine
- Medical and paramedical students and professionals
- Ayurveda and naturopathy students and doctors
- Wellness and health industry
- Morning program: General Yoga Sessions, Disease-specific Yoga Sessions
- Plenary session: Parallel Symposia, Oral Presentations, Panel Discussions
- Evening: Cultural Programs and Satsang
Themes of Parallel Symposia
- Integrating AYUSH in Cancer Care: Scope & Challenges
- Integrating AYUSH into Palliative Care
- Prevention of Cancer: Role of Diet, Lifestyle Modification, and Physical Exercise
- Role of AYUSH in Cancer Care: Evidence Summary
- Insights into Therapeutic Effects of Yoga in Cancer
- Yoga and Psycho-oncology
Video of the 1st session of the Bangalore conference: https://www.facebook.com/100009773704412/videos/549381068731012/
Conference website: http://incofyra.com/
Conference Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/incofyra